Lainey Reid Breaks Silence On Chelsea Green’s WWE Injury With Brutal Admission

Lainey Reid wishes she had done more damage to Chelsea Green.
Appearing on Busted Open, Reid was asked what she and Fallon Henley did to Green. This was after Fatal Influence members got involved in the spot that left the Interim WWE Women’s Champion with a fractured orbital bone.
“Well, apparently not enough,” Reid said. “Because she came back out Friday and maybe had the best segment of her career, so you’re welcome by the way.”
Reid continued by claiming that Green’s segment would not have happened without her and Henley before discussing Fatal Influence’s wrestling style.
“That moment doesn’t happen without Lainey Reid and Fallon Henley. Nonetheless, I’m a strong style wrestler. I think Fatal Influence in general is a strong style that people haven’t seen in years; I’ll say that, and so, if you’re not ready for the way that we’re coming, you might be in trouble.”
She was also asked if she had any remorse over Green’s injury. Reid admitted that her only regret was that Green still has an opportunity to compete for the championship.
“I feel like the only remorse I have is the fact that she still has a chance to compete with the title. The remorse is that I didn’t finish the job,” Reid said. [H/T Fightful]
Green fractured her orbital bone during her tag team match with Tiffany Stratton against Fatal Influence. This was on the August 7 episode of SmackDown. Despite the injury, SmackDown General Manager Nick Aldis has given her 30 days to recover. Following this, she would be required to defend the Interim WWE Women’s Championship.
READ MORE: AJ Styles Teases Major Change To Help Chelsea Green Wrestle Through WWE Injury
The post Lainey Reid Breaks Silence On Chelsea Green’s WWE Injury With Brutal Admission appeared first on Wrestlezone.
from Wrestlezone https://ift.tt/uP2NerG
via WWE
No comments