The Rock Reveals He’s Exploring Surprising New Career Path

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is exploring a surprising new career path outside Hollywood and professional wrestling.
In an interview with Rolling Stone’s Brian Hiatt, Johnson revealed that he is currently exploring music. Specifically, his passion for traditional country music. The revelation comes after Rolling Stone debuted the music video for “Your Dad,” a song Johnson co-wrote with Hawaiian singer Iam Tongi.
Johnson has previously been involved in music-related projects. This includes the Moana soundtrack and his appearance on Wyclef Jean’s “It Doesn’t Matter” in 2000. However, the former WWE Champion revealed that becoming a singer was one of his original ambitions.
“I’m exploring that now, and I appreciate you asking that,” Johnson said. “As you roll along in life, I’ve been real fortunate to be part of some really cool projects, and love it. But music has always been such an anchor for me, and very specifically in genres that I love, like country music, traditional country music. And we’re exploring that now.”
The Rock Opens Up About Music Without Commercial Pressure
Johnson explained that he has reached a different point in his life and career where he wants to pursue projects that genuinely excite him.
“I’ve reached this point in my life and in my career where, honestly, Brian, when I wake up in the morning, I swing my legs out of bed, and whatever the thing is that I’m doing, I wanna feel like I’m just running towards it. And the most gratifying things we do are when it’s for us, because we have enough pressure to deliver for so many other entities,” Johnson said.
The Rock then explained why creating music feels different from working on major Hollywood productions. While his films are naturally connected to commercial expectations, he does not feel the same pressure with “Your Dad.”
“The things we do, we must do them for ourselves, and then we must feel it in here, behind our ribcage,” Johnson said. “But they’re also always connected to some sort of commerce. You make films, especially the big four-quadrant movies, you want them to do well.”
However, the song has a much more personal meaning for Johnson. He revealed that he created it as a song for his daughters rather than as another commercial project.
“But this song, for me, is just a song to my daughters. Where there’s no pressure of an expectation to deliver something that, ‘Well, how are the sales, and how’s the box office? And how’s the streams?’ It’s just from me to them.”
“Your Dad” features on Moana: Voices Across the Ocean, a companion album to the recent live-action Moana movie. Johnson executive-produced the album alongside his wife, Lauren Hashian, Tiana Nonosina Liufau and Kayla Fa’amaligi.
Tongi, who co-wrote “Your Dad” with Johnson, won American Idol in 2023.
READ MORE: The Rock’s Biggest Disney Honor Will Stream Live This Weekend
The post The Rock Reveals He’s Exploring Surprising New Career Path appeared first on Wrestlezone.
from Wrestlezone https://ift.tt/Nx8bevH
via WWE
No comments