Pat McAfee Doubles Down on Major Declaration About His WWE Future

Pat McAfee has doubled down on his decision to step away from WWE, making it clear that fans should not expect him to return to the company.
McAfee addressed a fan’s question about a potential WWE return next year in a video shared on his Instagram Stories. He reiterated the promise he made on the road to WrestleMania 42.
“If Randy would have won, maybe, but I made a promise that I would never, ever… I would never be seen on WWE television ever again,” McAfee said.
McAfee had aligned himself with Randy Orton during the build to WrestleMania 42, backing The Viper in his rivalry with Cody Rhodes. He promised to leave WWE if Orton failed to beat Rhodes for the Undisputed WWE Championship.
At WrestleMania Saturday, Orton turned against McAfee and hit him with an RKO. Rhodes subsequently retained the Undisputed WWE Championship, meaning McAfee’s condition for remaining with WWE was not met.
McAfee later announced his WWE departure on The Pat McAfee Show, keeping his promise after Orton failed to win the championship.
Pat McAfee Remains Firm on WWE Exit
Reports at the time claimed that TKO pushed for McAfee’s inclusion in the WrestleMania 42 storyline. There were also reports of legitimate heat between WWE creative, Rhodes, and TKO over attempts to influence creative decisions.
McAfee and Jelly Roll were originally supposed to be part of a tag team match at WWE Backlash. However, McAfee opted out of the angle.
The former NFL punter also admitted that Rhodes ultimately proved himself to be the right choice.
“Cody Rhodes won. He is the one. Wow! What a dog he turned out to be. Maybe he was the right one all along. Maybe I was wrong with what I was saying.”
McAfee then delivered a final message to wrestling fans regarding his WWE future.
“Wrestling fans can sleep soundly understanding that I will never be back over there,” he stated.
READ MORE: Former WWE Commentator Pat McAfee Drops Debut Album 20 Years In The Making
If you use any of these quotes, please credit the original source with a link back to this article for the transcription.
The post Pat McAfee Doubles Down on Major Declaration About His WWE Future appeared first on Wrestlezone.
from Wrestlezone https://ift.tt/et7GTXW
via WWE
No comments