Jeff Cobb Makes In-Ring Return Three Months After WWE Release

Jeff Cobb has returned to in-ring action after his WWE release three months ago.
WWE released Jeff Cobb, who wrestled in the company as JC Mateo, on May 2, 2026. He signed with the promotion last year and aligned himself with Solo Sikoa’s MFT. Following the end of his 90-day non-compete period, he returned to in-ring action for PRODUCE Wrestling.
Jeff Cobb appeared at PRODUCE Volume 3: Azucar on August 3, 2026, as a surprise entrant in the $25,000 King Of New York Royal Ranbo Match. He eliminated six participants from the contest before seven other wrestlers teamed up to throw him over the top rope. Former ROH World Champion and husband of WWE star Jordynne Grace, Jonathan Gresham, won the bout.
This is Jeff Cobb’s first match since he and Tama Tonga challenged Damian Priest and R-Truth for the WWE Tag Team Championship on the April 24, 2026, episode of SmackDown.
AJ Styles said he was confused by Jeff Cobb’s WWE release
Speaking on The Phenomenally Retro Podcast, WWE Hall of Famer AJ Styles expressed his shock over the company releasing Jeff Cobb.
“Jeff is awesome,” Styles said. “Again, I don’t understand it, but I’m sure there’s their reasons. I’m sure that WWE has their reasons. Not sure what they are. Seem to be doing pretty well right now, but there’s always reasons for everything. So we’ll see what the next step is. We’ll see where we see these guys. If they’re ready to go and do be on another show somewhere else then great. If they don’t, great. I hope they’re going to be good to go.
“I hope it’s not one of those things that, we’ve seen it so many times, where releases like this can ruin somebody’s lives. So all these guys seem to have their head on straight, so hopefully it doesn’t affect them in that way. They’re very smart. You don’t get to the WWE by being a dummy. So I’m expecting good things from these guys regardless what happens to them,” he said about Jeff Cobb’s release.
Read More: Solo Sikoa Reveals What WWE Fans Misunderstood About His Silent Bloodline Role
The post Jeff Cobb Makes In-Ring Return Three Months After WWE Release appeared first on Wrestlezone.
from Wrestlezone https://ift.tt/1uPEZCL
via WWE
No comments