Breaking News

AEW Star Gives Mercedes Moné ‘A Couple Months’ Before Coming for Women’s World Title

Photo Credit: All Elite Wrestling

Athena is willing to give Mercedes Moné some time to enjoy her AEW Women’s World Championship before potentially coming for the title herself.

Moné defeated Willow Nightingale to capture the AEW Women’s World Championship at All In this past Sunday.

During a recent interview with WFAA, Athena was asked about her relationship with Moné. Futhermore she was asked the possibility of the two former tag partners crossing paths again.

“I don’t know. I feel like me and Mercedes are very respectful of each other’s careers. Former tag partner, maybe current tag partner, who knows?” Athena said.

The ROH Women’s World Champion went on to praise Moné for winning the championship despite competing with a broken nose.

“I remember sitting at home watching her win with a broken nose of all things and just thinking, ‘wow, she’s an absolute star.’ Like, everything that I feel like she’s been through, in that moment, she finally got the big one.”

Athena Has Her Eyes on Mercedes Moné AEW Women’s World Championship

However, Athena made it clear that her respect for Moné does not mean she has ruled out challenging for the AEW Women’s World Championship.

“That’s not to say that I don’t want a crack at the big one,” Athena added. “It’s just to say, like, mutual respect is there.”

Athena and Moné have already shared the ring in singles competition. The two collided in the semifinal of the 2025 Owen Hart Foundation Women’s Tournament on AEW Dynamite: Spring BreakThru, with Moné advancing to the tournament final after defeating Athena.

For now, Athena appears willing to let Moné settle into her reign before making another move.

“She didn’t come after my forever or always championship. I might let her have a couple months or something before I decide to go after hers, but you know what, villainy is in the eye of the morals,” Athena said. [H/T Fightful]

Moné’s celebration is scheduled for tonight’s episode of AEW Dynamite. Whether Athena eventually makes good on her tease remains to be seen.

READ MORE: New Level Reveal WWE Offered Reduced Roles Alongside Major Pay Cut

The post AEW Star Gives Mercedes Moné ‘A Couple Months’ Before Coming for Women’s World Title appeared first on Wrestlezone.



from Wrestlezone https://ift.tt/lfL2i5x
via WWE

No comments