‘I Do Not Work for WWE’: Mark Henry Clarifies His Current Status in the Company

Mark Henry set the record straight about his current status at the WWE. The Hall of Famer has been present in several promotional materials and WWE-related content in recent months.
Henry appeared on the countdown show before SummerSlam as he disclosed his thoughts on the marquee matchup between Brock Lesnar and Oba Femi. This appearance alongside his WWE Radio commitments prompted fans to assume that Henry was back with the company.
Mark Henry discusses his current role in professional wrestling and his relationship with WWE
Henry recently told ITR Wrestling that he didn’t have a legends deal with WWE and that he didn’t work for the promotion. “I’m not on a legends deal,” he said. “I do not have a legends deal; I don’t know why people assume. I do not work for WWE.”
The former World Heavyweight Champion added, “I do WWE Radio through SiriusXM. That’s pretty much the only connection. I have a nostalgia deal where I allow them to use my name to make action figures and do video games and that kind of stuff. But I don’t work for them.”
ITR Wrestling also reports that Henry confided his satisfaction with his career. He continues to scout for new talent and guide them in their journey in the world of professional entertainment. “As far as me, I feel like I maximized everything that I touched,” Henry explained. “And as far as scouting and bringing people into pro wrestling, what I see, over 95% of the time, it worked. So, I understand what works and what will work.”
The 55-year-old continued, “Not to mention, I have 25 wrestlers that call me, and they say, ‘What do you think about this? And what do you think about that?’ And I break it all down to them, and I send it with them, and I let them do it. I don’t ask for money. It’s my way of supporting the industry and helping the industry to be better.”
Notably, Henry performed for WWE for 25 years between 1996 and 2001. He was inducted into the promotion’s Hall of Fame in 2018.
Read More: WWE Eyeing Bigger Role for Cathy Kelley After Impressing Officials — Report
The post ‘I Do Not Work for WWE’: Mark Henry Clarifies His Current Status in the Company appeared first on Wrestlezone.
from Wrestlezone https://ift.tt/zpKm5cl
via WWE
No comments