Breaking News

‘Bulls— Statement’: Eric Bischoff Disputes Chris Jericho’s Take on AEW’s WWE Rivalry

Eric Bischoff WWE NXT
Photo Credit: WWE

WWE Hall of Famer Eric Bischoff has criticized Chris Jericho and strongly disagreed with Jericho’s comments about AEW.

A few weeks ago, Jericho discussed AEW’s relationship with WWE. Jericho believes AEW has always followed its own path. He said AEW focuses on its own product. He also pointed toward matches, ratings and ticket sales. Jericho doesn’t believe AEW has ever copied WWE. Jericho also said AEW was never a WWE-lite version.

Eric Bischoff addresses Chris Jericho’s comments about AEW and WWE

Speaking on the 83 Weeks podcast, Eric Bischoff was asked about Jericho’s comment on AEW’s rivalry with WWE. Bischoff didn’t agree with Jericho’s version of events. Eric said, “I think that is the most bullsh*t statement. I love Chris. I have nothing but respect for Chris, but that was a comment, Chris. This is the guy that came out and said, within six months, AEW is going to overtake WWE. What I mean, how many of their Will Ospreay can’t keep WWE out of his mouth.”

Bischoff then questioned whether AEW recently changed its approach. He suggested management may have instructed talent differently. Still, he isn’t convinced that it happened for long. “So look, maybe like within the last 30 days they’ve made a, you know, executive decision and instructed talent, you know, not to talk about WWE.”

“Maybe that, like, you know, that’s possible, but if you look at the last since 2019, that’s all they freaking do from Tony Khan to the talent. That’s all they’ve been doing is trying to create an us versus them. We’re the underdogs, and we’re going to take over, and they’re evil. I mean, come on, Chris. There’s nothing. I’m surprised he made that statement. Chris is a smart guy, but that’s that wasn’t a smart thing to say.”

Read More: Ex-TNA Champion Finally Returns to iMPACT After 124 Days Away

If you use these quotes, please credit the original source and link back to WrestleZone with an h/t for the transcription.

The post ‘Bulls— Statement’: Eric Bischoff Disputes Chris Jericho’s Take on AEW’s WWE Rivalry appeared first on Wrestlezone.



from Wrestlezone https://ift.tt/peZBdlW
via WWE

No comments