Breaking News

Former WWE Star Would’ve Been Fired If They Didn’t Agree To Move To NXT

wwe logo
Photo Credit: WWE

Former WWE Superstar Reggie says he would’ve been fired if he hadn’t agreed to move to NXT.

Reggie, who is currently working as Sidney Akeem and Soleil in the independent circuit, was part of WWE from 2020 to 2024. He’s best known for managing Carmella and the team of Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler, and his four 24/7 Championship runs. He also had an on-screen romantic angle with Dana Brooke on the main roster.

However, he was moved to NXT in late 2022, where he debuted a new character named Scrypts, but left the company in June 2024. He recently discussed his move from the WWE main roster to NXT on Duke Hanson on Between Two Jobs. He noted that he spoke to an executive about revamping his character after his 24/7 title win, but recalled being informed about his move to the developmental brand shortly after.

Reggie pitched a masked character for him in WWE

“So two years, whenever that switch happened between Vince and Triple H, that’s when I came back to NXT. It wasn’t (a conversation) It was just, I tried to have a conversation with someone. I had a conversation with him trying to rewrite myself because we knew the 24/7 stuff was going down the drain,” the former WWE star said.

“And I’m like ‘I have this idea, this character with the mask and this and that, this and that, Rey Mysterio’s on board and it’d be super cool.’ And he said ‘Alright,’ he’s looking at me as I’m talking to him but he’s not listening. And so I left the conversation, left the room thinking like, ‘That was a waste, that didn’t get anything or anywhere.’”

“And then I get a message from John Cone saying ‘Hey Reg, we’re thinking about sending you back to NXT, how you feel about that?’ I said ‘Cool.’ And that was it, I wasn’t gonna say ‘Nah.’ I would have got fired,” the former WWE star said. [H/T F4WOnline]

Read More: John Cena Wishes CM Punk Never Took A Break From WWE

The post Former WWE Star Would’ve Been Fired If They Didn’t Agree To Move To NXT appeared first on Wrestlezone.



from Wrestlezone https://ift.tt/gJZfE60
via WWE

No comments