Dragon Lee Reveals Original Pitch For WWE Tag Team With AJ Styles

Dragon Lee recalls a pitch he made for his tag team with WWE Hall of Famer AJ Styles.
Bonded by their mutual dislike for the Judgment Day, AJ Styles and Dragon Lee formed a tag team with the aim of taking them down in 2025. This mission ultimately proved successful as Styles and Lee dethroned JD McDonagh and Finn Balor as WWE World Tag Team Champions on the October 20 edition of WWE Raw.
For Styles, this occasion would also mark the last title win of his wrestling career, which later came to an end in January 2026. For Lee, it was a moment that he’ll forever be proud of.
“I feel honored to be part of his last matches, and even John Cena’s last match [event], I was part of that too,” Lee told Insight With Chris Van Vliet. “I feel like you know so many things that I’m proud of myself, you know, because if you’re not, if you don’t recognize yourself, who else will? You just look at the mirror and say, ‘You’re doing well, keep working. I’m proud of you, brother. Keep working.’ My family, that’s it, that’s all the energy I need.”
Lee Wanted To Call Himself & Styles the ‘Phenomenal Dragons’
During their 70-day tag team title reign, Styles and Lee successfully defended the titles against the Judgment Day, the War Raiders, and the New Day. Still, an official team name never materialized, although Dragon Lee had one idea.
“We didn’t have enough time to create a name, but I pitched this name, and I think it would have been so great, the Phenomenal Dragons,” Lee said. “I feel like that name would be so great, Phenomenal Dragons. AJ Styles has his logo, I said this logo becomes like kind of like a dragon around it, something we can do. But I didn’t realize that he wouldn’t have enough time, he would be retired, nobody expected it.”
In an effort to combine their ring names, WWE fans suggested calling the pair “AJ Lee.” That name, however, was already reserved by former WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee herself.
RELATED: AJ Styles Reveals Why He Never Considered A WWE Retirement Tour
The post Dragon Lee Reveals Original Pitch For WWE Tag Team With AJ Styles appeared first on Wrestlezone.
from Wrestlezone https://ift.tt/nOPcTdE
via WWE
No comments