Breaking News

Nick Aldis Responds To Rumor That Injuries Led To WWE GM Role

nick aldis
Photo Credit: WWE

Nick Aldis debunks rumors that he became WWE SmackDown General Manager due to injury.

Nick Aldis made his WWE debut on the October 13, 2023, episode of SmackDown. Here, Triple H announced him as the new General Manager of the brand. He held the position for nearly three years until stepping down in July 2026. This was to make way for his in-ring debut at SummerSlam against GUNTHER.

Aldis had a decorated in-ring career across multiple promotions before he made his WWE debut. He even held the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship for 1043 days between October 2018 and August 2021. However, his long stint as SmackDown GM and time away from the ring led fans to believe he took that role because an injury kept him from competing.

Nick Aldis Explains How He Landed WWE’s SmackDown General Manager Role

Nick Aldis cleared that misconception during his recent appearance on the INSIGHT with Chris Van Vliet podcast. He clarified that he wasn’t placed in the role because he was injured. However, taking time off from wrestling ultimately made him realize how beaten up his body actually was, especially his back.

“Yeah, it’s funny because some of that was just some interesting timing. Because no, I was not put in that role because I was hurt. It wasn’t a case of being not cleared or needing time to heal up or anything like that. Having said that, it’s been wonderful to have some time to heal up, and actually the truth is, I probably did have some issues that I was not fully aware of until I actually had time for my body to heal properly. One being my back,” Aldis said.

“Some of this was magnified by the fact that right around the time that, I don’t know if I had signed yet, but I was shadowing and I was coming to TVs and getting to know everybody. I had a few dates left, and one of them was one of them was going to be a return match with Alex Shelley at an independent show. I believe it was in Chicago, may have been Detroit. And for probably the first time in my career outside of being legitimately injured and having surgery was the first time where I had to call and pull out because my back was really bad,” Aldis said.

He Detailed How The Two-Year Back Injury Was Resolved

Speaking further, Nick Aldis noted that the severe back pain left him unable to move properly, forcing him to pull out of his bookings. He feared he had a herniated or bulging disc. However, a specialist discovered his spine was actually in good shape, and his pain was caused by severe muscle inflammation

“I went to Vanderbilt in Nashville and saw a specialist because it felt like I had a bulging disc or herniated disc. Turns out I actually just had huge inflammation. There’s like a thin sheet of muscle that sits behind your spinal erectus, I believe. Finally, this specialist at Vanderbilt was able to find it, and he goes, ‘Yeah, that’s why it feels like a bulging disc or a herniated disc. You actually just have massive inflammation in this muscle.’ He said, ‘You’re fine. Actually, your spine’s in pretty good order,'” Aldis said.

Aldis then noted that he went through the pain due to his own stubbornness in ignoring the problem. The inflammation in his muscle was resolved almost instantly after he was prescribed the proper medication.

“It just turned out that I just needed these specific anti-inflammatories. Cleared it up instantly. That was the thing that had been bugging me for like two years. So it was really just a case of just me being a stubborn idiot, and just sort of almost not wanting to know, thinking I’ll just figure it out, or I’ll just wear a back brace, or I’ll just do this, whatever. And all I needed was some anti-inflammatories, and it was just like something had just aggravated this specific stabilizer muscle, and it was just super inflamed,” Aldis said.

Read More: Update on Brock Lesnar’s Future in WWE After SummerSlam — Report

The post Nick Aldis Responds To Rumor That Injuries Led To WWE GM Role appeared first on Wrestlezone.



from Wrestlezone https://ift.tt/PTp1kMu
via WWE

No comments