Bully Ray Says WWE Has The Chance To Capitalize On Raquel Rodriguez In A Big Way

Bully Ray has high praise for Raquel Rodriguez after she won the WWE Women’s Intercontinental Championship.
The Judgment Day’s Raquel Rodriguez defeated Sol Ruca to win the WWE Women’s Intercontinental Championship on the July 27, 2026, episode of RAW. She won despite getting her nose busted open during the match. The victory gives Rodriguez her first singles title on the main roster. She has previously won the WWE and NXT Women’s Tag Team Championships and is also a former one-time NXT Women’s Champion.
WWE Hall of Famer Bully Ray commented on her victory on the Busted Open podcast, saying it’s well deserved.
Bully Ray Explains Why Raquel Rodriguez Has Major WWE Potential
Bully Ray praised Raquel Rodriguez for outgrowing her early career hesitation and becoming a confident, natural performer in the ring.
“She has gotten much better in the ring,” Ray said. When Raquel Rodriguez first came on the scene in the WWE, there was a lot of hesitation on her part. You could see she was thinking a lot in the ring about what’s next. I think she’s found her comfort zone. I think she’s working a lot better in the ring. And last night, that woman was a warrior. Listen, congratulations on winning the Intercontinental Championship. That’s great. But to get busted open in the nose area, maybe even a broken nose in the middle of the match, not easy to deal with.
“I love the fact that she stood up tall. She put her shoulders back. She flipped her hair back, and she tried to show her face to the world,” he said, referencing Rodriguez’s post-match celebration.
Bully Ray wants to see the Judgment Day star test the crowd reaction after the win
Speaking further, Bully Ray advised that WWE creative capitalize on her momentum by sending Raquel Rodriguez to the ring to test the crowd reaction. He noted that they should have her deliver a bold promo to cement her dominance as the Intercontinental Champion. If the crowd reacts with the usual boos, he suggests she should lean into it. However, if they react with cheers, the promotion must take a different approach with her.
“Raquel had a moment in time last night like Becky Lynch had,” Ray said in reference to the time Nia Jax broke Becky Lynch’s nose in the lead-up to the 2018 Survivor Series PLE. “If I’m creative, I’m putting Raquel out there. The next time we see Raquel Rodriguez … maybe the Raw after SummerSlam, I’m sending her out there to see how the people respond.
“Let’s see what the people think of her right now in this moment, if they’re booing her out of the building. You know how I always say, just go to the middle of the ring and just stand there? Send Raquel out there. Let her stand there. Give her some bullet points that she can fire off on a promo. ‘I’m Raquel Rodriguez, I’m your new Intercontinental Champion. I’m the biggest, baddest [b****] in the [business],’ whatever you’re gonna say.” [H/T WrestlingInc]
Read More: Nick Aldis Says TNA Background Cost Him Earlier WWE Opportunities
The post Bully Ray Says WWE Has The Chance To Capitalize On Raquel Rodriguez In A Big Way appeared first on Wrestlezone.
from Wrestlezone https://ift.tt/ipZDdCK
via WWE
No comments