Breaking News

Eddie Kingston: It’s Not Weak To Struggle, People Who Think That Are Wrong

eddie kingston

Photo Credit: All Elite Wrestling

Eddie Kingston recently spoke to Sports Illustrated about September’s National Suicide Prevention Month initiative and why the topic is so important to him.

In the interview, Kingston spoke about his friend Alexander Whybrow, a wrestler who performed under the name Larry Sweeney for 10 years, and feature stints in Ring of Honor and other promotions. Whybrow passed away due to suicide 11 years ago, something that Kingston says still hits hard.

“He’d be a multimillionaire if he were still here,” Kingston said. “And I also think he’d be with us in AEW…That hit extremely hard, I’ve never really gotten over his passing. A lot of us haven’t. He’s with me every time I’m in that ring. I really feel him when Bryce Remsburg is refereeing, because they also knew each other very well. Let’s put it this way, he would have been the best man at my wedding. A day doesn’t go by when I don’t think of him.”

Kingston also touched on his own feelings of depression and suicidal thoughts, revealing that there have been times when he’s gone through it, and spoke about one in particular when another wrestle might have inadvertently saved him from acting on it.

“Homicide [wrestler Nelson Erazo], who is like my big brother, happened to call me,” said Kingston. “At the time, I felt a lot of shame about how things were going. I didn’t feel like myself. That was a regular phone call. But he gets me. He understands me. And he believes in me. So I knew I could fight through it. He stopped me from making a decision that would have hurt so many.”

Kingston went on to say that the word “normal” needs to be removed from our vocabulary and that it’s okay for people to struggle and feel weak from time to time.

“We need to get the word ‘normal’ out of our vocabulary,” Kingston said. “We make our own normal. No one is us; no one feels what we feel. We make the normal. And it’s not weak to struggle. People who think that are wrong. There are times when I’m still struggling. It’s hard, but I know for a fact everyone has that strength to fight through it.”

RELATED: Eddie Kingston vs. Sammy Guevara Set For 9/23 AEW Rampage: Grand Slam, Updated Card

The post Eddie Kingston: It’s Not Weak To Struggle, People Who Think That Are Wrong appeared first on Wrestlezone.



from Wrestlezone https://ift.tt/gGNl93x
via WWE

No comments